What is cunyfirst hunter
CUNYfirst is a CUNY-wide online educational system that is taking the place of the computer systems in several key areas such as Student Administration/Records, Finance, and Human Resources, among others. Hunter college which is located in Manhattan is already using several CUNYfirst components such as Human Resources, Campus solutions and Financial supply claim. Hunter is one of the largest college in the CUNY.
Hunter College offers several master’s programs in nursing, nutrition, biomedical laboratory management, accounting, education, speech-language pathology and all the liberal arts, plus a number of accelerated and advanced certificate programs and courses.
Never share your CUNYfirst login information with anyone even if the people know you or you trust them, this is what is instructed in the Hunter. CUNYfirst is a fully integrated system, it shares the student account login information and will give others access to personal information, so as the social security number, wage/salary, home address, etc. CUNYfirst security is very strict and it determines the user’s needs on a need to know basis. The sharing of account information disables the strict security and exposes users to identity theft, hence this helps students in many different ways.
What is cunyfirst hunter email or hunter email
To create an cunyfirst hunter email all students get a Hunter email address (@myhunter.cuny.edu) upon admission and matriculation. The students can click there for further information.
For all faculty/staff get a Hunter email address on the Outlook-Exchange email system (@hunter.cuny.edu). Faculty can click here for further information.
As there is risk of phishing/spam email scams, learn to protest yourself from it by visiting phising/spam information page
Faculty/Staff Hunter email
Many of the faculty and staff Hunter email accounts have been migrated to the Outlook Exchange email system. You can get more information on it on Outlook Exchange-Faculty and Staff Email web page.
If your email account has been migrated, then you can access your Hunter email at mail.hunter.cuny.edu.
If your email account has not yet been migrated, then you can access your Hunter email at webmail.hunter.cuny.edu.
What is myhunter email ?
Each and every Hunter student has an email address that follows the following format:
CUNYfirst username followed by @myhunter.cuny.edu, e.g., [email protected] This new, Web-based system, called @MyHunter and it is powered by Microsoft Office365.
There are several benefits of @MyHunter email.
1. You get an email storage of 25GB
2. Message size is max to 25MB
3. You can have several contacts.
5. Microsoft Outlook Web App
6. Integration of email, calendar and contacts
7. Myhunter email is mobile-friendly
Additionally, the new myhunter email system provides better spam and virus protection for your emails.
There is a professional looking email address that lets you to keep after you graduate from Hunter. This email address can be used on your resume while applying for jobs and internships.
The student email password is your CUNYfirst password. Whenever you change your CUNYfirst password, your email password will change automatically on its own. But that depends on the traffic volume on the CUNYfirst website, sometimes you may need to wait for sometime for your password to synchronize up with your CUNYfirst and email account.
Create cunyfirst hunter email account
To create Cunyfirst Hunter email account log into your @MyHunter (Office 365) email account at www.hunter.cuny.edu/myhunter/email.
1. CUNY PortalID or the Applicant Account is what is needed for CUNY schools. Fill out all the required information in the fields and submit. You can access the process of your Application, you can call the CUNY 212-997- CUNY (2869). Some students are given a Mychoice Account by Admissions Office where you need to click on the option if you will be attending or not attending to your email address.
2. You will be able to claim the CUNY portal or the student account after a week of acceptance or payment of your comitment deposit for Undergrad Students or if you are registering as a non-degree student.
3. To Register into the Freshman Orientation or Transfer Orientation visit the website https://cunyhunterretain.askadmissions.net/vip/
4. When you register the students will be able to receive email in their @myHunter email Account (Office 365) and the faculty will receive email in their @Hunter email Account(Exchange).
5. There is a NetID account that allows you to login to Wifi, Public Access Computers (PACS), Public Computing Services (PCS) computers, OneCard Account Website to add money onto OneCard account and keeps a record of transactions done by the students and faculty.
Hence creating CUNY portal ID or Student Account allows you to access your profile to change your primary college in order to view your Degreeworks and explore the other courses on Blackboard. Professors use Blackboard to post announcements, assignments and the students can communicate through disscussion boards, their office hours, and email. You receive messages from the professor, you must make sure that your @myhunter email address is updated in Blackboard.
login myhunter email
To login to the myhunter email, you need to follow few steps:
Sign in to @myHunter (Office 365):
Step 1. Go to the @MyHunter (Office 365) sign in page at:
Step 2. Type your complete email address and password.
Important Note: Your new email address will be your CunyFirst ID followed by @myhunter.cuny.edu.
Step 3. If you want to be able to close your browser window and remain logged in to Office 365 until you sign out, click Keep me signed in.
– If you click Keep me signed in and then sign out of @MyHunter (Office 365), you are prompted to re-enter your password the next time you sign in to @MyHunter (Office 365).
– For security purposes, it is recommend that you use Keep me signed in only on private computers, and never on public or shared computers.
Step 4. Click on the Sign in button.